Tuesday, October 7, 2014

[Entry 02] I haven't updated in a long time so here we go

It's the night before our first test. Most people are talking about it, some seem worried, but I'm not. I feel totally fine. Sure, I've studied for it, but only a total of about 3, maybe 4 hours.

Everyone tells me that most U of T students come from schools where they're used to getting good grades with very little effort (which holds true for me). But then I talk with some of them and see them struggle in courses like MAT135 and it suddenly clicks to me that everyone came from different high schools with different levels of education. In my MAT135 course, we're beginning to talk about derivatives, which I recall quite clearly from 12th grade calculus. I'm hardly worrying about MAT135, whereas I notice some others studying hard for it, questioning the material, trying to figure it out.

Then I look at myself, and this course. I often find myself confused with the course material at first, but by working on the assignments and in tutorials I quickly figure it all out within just an hour. That isn't to say that I figure out all there is to know on the subject, since I've only known the material for these past few weeks. But I feel as though I know enough, and I feel prepared for this test.

It's a shame I can't say the same about PSY100. When textbooks and reading are involved, that's when I really tend to struggle.

>TalonLame

No comments:

Post a Comment